Friday, June 18, 2010

New Ideas/Opportunities

So my wife and I went to the store and bought lots of new ingredients for some different flavored energy bars. We came up with a list of the general healthy ingredients that we want in each bar, ej. protein powder, flaxseed etc., and then picked out some other ingredients in order to create some unique flavors. Here is a list of some of the ideas that we came up with along with a couple that were suggested to us:


Pumpkin Spice
Mango Blueberry
Cinnamon Raisin
Chocolate Chunk
Kiwi Sunflower
Berry Good (See post below)
Cranberry Apple
Dark Chocolate Coconut






So those are some of the new ideas. Please feel free to leave a comment if you can think of some others.

Also, something exciting happened today. I've been speaking with our logisitics manager here at work and we've been discussing the possibility of creating a package and a label with nutrition info and everything. My interest was piqued about the possibilities of selling the bars so I decided to stop by the gas station here near my work. They told me that they actually allow some items to be sold on consignment, meaning they wouldn't purchase my bars but they would take a portion of my sales.

Obvously I would need to create a package first, which may take a while, but it sounds like a fun challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun. If you want some help with logo's or images or design anything, Breanne could create some things for you.

    ReplyDelete